We’ve been in the market research space over 30 years and pioneered online virtual shopping 20 years ago. That spirit of innovation and entrepreneurial culture live on as we continue to raise the bar on analytic methods and bring in experienced consultants to help our clients address strategic business issues. Our clients are leaders in diverse industries such as food & beverage, pet care, beverage alcohol, restaurants, home goods, OTC pharmaceuticals, etc. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, MO.
Current Decision Insight Job Postings
- Primary liaison between the research team and the production team, ensuring the final survey meets all needs.
- Communicates effectively with clients to manage client’s expectations, deliver status reports, and obtain consensus on project-specific issues.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- Designs programmable study materials including screener and questionnaire to address research objectives. Ensures all materials follow DI standards, are error free, and ready for the Technology team to program.
- Translates planograms into product grids. Manages image preparation including obtaining and cataloging study graphics.
- Coordinates internal kick-off meeting with key DI personnel on Research and Technology sides to ensure projects are executed smoothly and that everyone has a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and key objectives, timelines and budgets.
- Field Management to include soliciting and negotiating bids and selecting most appropriate field supplier to use in data collection based on required respondent demographics. Monitor status on a daily basis to ensure sample is being completed successfully.
- Manages pre-field quality checks of online survey instrument ensuring art communication is visually correct, programming matches questionnaire, and data is writing correctly.
- Develops analysis plans translating the research objectives into tabulation and report plans.
- Analyzes data, contributes to recommendations and key findings and ensures that comprehensive final project report and/or presentation (including bar charts & graphs) is prepared according to DI’s internal standards.
- Prepares data tabulations using statistical software. Ensures final tabulations are executed error free and in a timely manner.
- Prepares the PowerPoint report for analytical writing by setting up a template and populating study background, objectives and elements of study. Prepares Excel charts, graphs, and tables for the report.
- Creates strong working relationship with advanced analytics experts. Seeks out their guidance in designing projects. Works with them in interpreting data to make it actionable to the client in the report.
- Based in Kansas City, we offer a Hybrid In-Office/Remote Work Policy
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays provided
- Established Career Path and Growth Opportunities/Expectations
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining our team in a fast-paced and service oriented culture, please send your resume to Stacey Pap.
Vice President, Client Solutions - Client Engagement Leader
The Client Solutions team at Decision Insight is responsible for all aspects of client service from exploration of needs to presentation of findings. The VP of Client Solutions is known internally as a Client Engagement Leader (CEL), responsible for sales, service, and satisfaction to his or her customers. The CEL is an independent type position having autonomy over specific accounts, both existing clients and generating new business. The CEL works closely with members of our Project Team to design studies, write proposals, create engaging surveys, analyze and interpret data, prepare outgoing reports, and present recommendations to clients. We are looking for someone with a strong background in market research who is experienced in building relationships and growing sales. This is a remote role with ability to travel for client meetings and occasional visits at our headquarters in Kansas City.
Compensation has a strong performance component with a rewarding commission structure for those who successfully attract, retain, and develop client relationships. We offer a range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K plan with a company match.
- Clearly understand client business issues and apply DI solutions to address research needs.
- Demonstrate DI solutions in client presentations to address to their specific interests and needs.
- Identify and develop new clients.
- Grow and nurture current client relationships; drive high client satisfaction.
- Develop research proposals to meet client needs, including timeline, funding, and study design.
- Oversee project execution including study design, data review and analysis, and reporting; contribute strategic thought and insights throughout.
- Present research findings and recommendations at conclusion of projects.
- Own an annual revenue goal for assigned accounts.
- Listens attentively.
- Clearly and persuasively communicates.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including client correspondence and presentations
- Consultatively sells solutions.
- Experienced in survey research, shopper insights, and analytics.
- Creates meaning from complex data.
- Knowledgeable of CPG: marketing, sales, category management.
- Develops trusted client relationships.
- Nurtures a professional network.
- Creatively persistent.
- Supports, encourages, and develops staff on Project Team.
- Acknowledges contributions of others.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to develop business (when COVID restrictions are no longer an issue).
A qualified applicant would have at least a 4-year bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience in Consumer Packaged Goods working for a manufacturer, retailer, or research supplier. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining our team in a fast-paced and service oriented culture, please send your resume to Leslie Downie.
Decision Insight (DI), a division of TABS Analytics, is a leading shopper insights and retail strategy firm that uncovers shopper behaviors and motivations for leading consumer goods manufacturers. We develop and apply technology-enabled research methods and create predictive simulations in order to understand shopper behavior, attitudes, and motivations. Our Test & Learn research is forward-looking and based on shopper behavior. We excel at crafting forward-leaning recommendations that lead to marketplace activation whether in innovation, packaging, category assortment, shelf arrangement, eCommerce strategies, etc.